Sunday, February 27, 2005

What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?

What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?

Answer #1 --
This question is tough because most of my decisions/actions are planned, although they may have started as a spontaneous thought! As for the full action, probably purchasing a laptop computer in 1996. I was in grad school, my father had als (lou gehrig's disease), and I wanted to be able to spend as much time with him as possible. The thought popped in to my head that I could do most of my work and be with him at the same time if I had a laptop. So an hour later, I was on my way to Kansas City and purchased a laptop. It did allow me many hours of working while sitting at his bedside, so it was a worthy investment even though he died 7 months later. As for smaller spontaneous things, I do those kinds of things all the time -- unexpectedly dropping in on a friend, calling a friend and meeting for coffee/lunch, leaving notes for my kids to find, creating something fun (art), sending fun mail, cooking special meals, etc. These things I just think of as being part of the fun of life!

Answer #2 --
I'm not sure what would be the MOST spontaneous thing I've ever done because I don't rate them on a scale of worth or importance, but do them because I love life, I'm a happy person, and I enjoy being with those people I love. I could give you some examples of some spontaneous acts I have been involved in -- buying tickets to surprise a loved one to a special event, setting up a treasure hunt, taking a "mental health" day from work to go on a picnic/hike with a special friend, planning a midnight feast to spend time together as a family, dancing in the rain, laughter/laughing, playing a practical joke on a friend, giving of things and myself to the people I love, hugging/kissing someone I love, passion/making love to the man I love, volunteering to help in time of crisis, donating my time and resources to causes I believe in, defending those who cannot defend themselves, and celebrating my love of life by enjoying nature at every opportunity.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM , Blogger Cathy said...

You are quite eloquent. I have enjoyed your blogs. I couldn't cover them all so I will be back,I have to agree with you about marrying to young. I did too. Such a shame.
I am Cathy from EDM. I painted the Big Andalusian Stallion. Thanks for looking!

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Twiz said...

hey you! haven't talked to you in FOREVER!!! i must admit - i'm intrigued by your blog though. going to have to read up and probably post some thoughts and feelings of my own. check me out sometime if you want. hope all is well!

heather bradley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home