Sunday, February 27, 2005

They say life is about simple pleasures, what is your simplest pleasure and how does it make you feel?

They say life is about simple pleasures, what is your simplest pleasure&and how does it make you feel?

Answer #1 --
My simplest pleasure in life comes from spending time with those people whom I love -- my children, my family, my friends. The activity isn't as important to me as the people I am with and the time I am spending with them. I would easily give up most activities for family time. We often cook together, watch videos, ride bicycles, go fishing, canoe down the river, play cards or board games, hike, travel, swim, and much more. These are the times that create the memories that I will never forget. I also think that these are the times that build strong family ties. My children feel that they can talk to me about anything and everything, and I think that is because I have always been actively involved with them.

Answer #2 --
I guess I have 2 here -- I love to feed the ducks/fish. This activity is very calming, relaxing, refreshing to me. I love the peacefulness, the basic feel of nature, the appreciation of beauty. The whole thing just feels soothing and I often do this activity when I am particularly stressed. Sure beats any drug! My other most simple pleasure is to spend time with the people that I love. There is nothing more rewarding to me that watching the people I love enjoy life and success. We don't have to be doing anything special or anything big -- just being together. Any activity can be rewarding, from a game of tag to watching a video to watching/playing a ball game to weeding the garden. I believe life is what I make of it, and I choose to make mine fun and enjoyable.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Surjit said...

I like your blog!! I read the last 2 posts and it is very simple and feels great when reading it. I will try to read all the posts and Keep writing.

http://surjitsethuraman.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home